Organization

The Connecticut Chiropractic Association was established in 1918 for the purpose of advancing chiropractic and promoting the highest standards of ethics and patient care for the profession. The Association has provided a forum for information sharing, and members attend both spring and fall conventions usually held in the New Haven and Fairfield County areas. Experts in chiropractic care from across the country serve as speakers, and honorariums are usually donated to chiropractic educational activities.

Legislation has been a major focus of the organization. Our lobbyist is the vehicle by which the membership is informed of any legislation which would have either a positive or negative effect on the chiropractic profession or patient care. The Association has created a number of committees designed to enhance the goals of the association and to increase both internal communications among the membership and relations with the public. All committees are chaired by doctors who volunteer their services in addition to running their own private practices. Committee chairs report to the the executive leadership at the monthly board meeting.